CUET (Common University Entrance Test) is an entrance test for admissions to undergraduate programmes at Central Universities and other CUET participating colleges. For the first time, the National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct CUET (previously known as CUET) online in the forthcoming academic year. However, to help students improve their grades, the test will be given twice a year in the coming years.
National Testing Agency has published the CUET 2023 eligibility criteria and official notification. To be eligible for various undergraduate and graduate programmes, applicants must meet the minimum standards set by CUET 2023
. Applicants need to be aware that the eligibility requirements for CUET might vary based on the institutions and courses. Any candidate not adhering to the eligibility criteria might be disqualified in the later stages.
Please continue reading this page to learn more about the CUET 2023 eligibility requirements.
CUET 2023: Eligibility for Undergraduate Program
Along with the admission notification, NTA has released the eligibility criteria for CUET 2023. So let us look at the eligibility requirements of previous years to have an idea of the same for CUET 2023.
- Candidates should score a minimum of 50% marks in their +2 examination in the General category and 45% for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should have taken up subjects in +2 depending upon the course they opt for.
- The candidate should be of Indian nationality.
- Candidates should apply to three Participating Universities with three options of the programmes selected under CUET.
- Applicants can apply for CUET while attempting the qualifying examination of the university. However, they would have to produce the passing certificate at the time of counselling.
CUET 2023: Age Limit
There is no age limit to appear for CUET 2023. However, the candidates must fulfil the educational qualifications to be eligible for the CUET 2023 exam.
CUET 2023 Nationality
There are a few requirements that the candidates must meet to be eligible for the CUET 2023 exam:
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- A constituent subject of Nepal, Bhutan
- A Tibetan refugee who landed in India before 1 January 1962 to make India their permanent home and reside there permanently.
- Pakistanis, Burmese, Sri Lankans, Kenyans, Ugandans, Tanzanians, Zambians, Malawians, Zaireans, Ethiopians, and people from Vietnam who permanently moved to India.
CUET 2023: Number of Attempts
As long as the candidate fulfils the educational requirements, nationality, and other CUET 2023, they can appear for the exam. There is no set number of times to attempt CUET. Thus, candidates must adhere to the eligibility requirements to be able to attempt CUET.
CUET Eligibility Criteria: Key Points
- Each of the CUET participating universities decides its parameters for CUET eligibility.
- The sole criterion for admissions is expected to be based on CUET scores and Class XII board exam scores.
- The age limit hasn't been mentioned in the eligibility criteria. However, once the NTA releases eligibility requirements, it might provide maximum and minimum age limits for the programmes.
CUET Eligibility Criteria: Reservation
Each Central University must adhere to the rules specified by the Government of India since CUET is a test for admissions to Undergraduate programmes at Central Universities established by an Act of Parliament. The SC/ST, OBC, and PwD groups are given certain leeway in the CUET Eligibility section.
Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy)
Persons with Disability
All applicants must verify their credentials by referring to the CU
ET Eligibility Criteria and the CUET college and university to which they are applying. Before applying for the test or applying for admission, the applicant should be informed of any documents that may be necessary.
As soon as the announcement for the CUET Eligibility and Registration for CUET 2023 has been released, we may start seeing registration open. The eligibility criteria might vary, but we have listed a few of the applicants' critical eligibility criteria to be fulfilled. Hopefully, the article suffices the need to know the eligibility criteria of CUET 2023 for aspiring candidates.
Q. What is the full form of CUET?
CUET stands for Common University Entrance Test, earlier recognised as CUET. The exam was previously conducted for admissions to Central Universities. However, CUET is a common admission test for admissions to the undergraduate programs at Central, State and other participating universities.
Q. What is the eligibility for the CUET exam 2023?
To appear for CUET, candidates must have passed Class 12th or any equivalent examination appearing in 2023 can apply for the exam. Also, there is no age limit to appear for CUET 2023.
Q. When will the registration for CUET 2023 begin?
CUET 2023 registration will start from 09 February upto 12 March 2023 (up to 09:00 P.M.).
Q. Will Delhi University accept CUET scores?
As per the latest admission policy released by Delhi University, Candidates will be given admissions based on their CUET scores. From now on, DU will not follow the cut-off trend for admissions. Having a Common University Entrance Test (CUET) is to provide equal opportunities to the UG aspirants.
Q. Is CUET 2023 exam online or offline?
CUET 2023 will be conducted in online mode. The questions paper will contain MCQ-type questions.